Hilton Head Regional Healthcare has highly skilled nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals striving to provide the best in family-friendly care. If you are pregnant or expecting a baby, rely on our maternity navigators to help you plan the
course of your pregnancy journey. Whether on Hilton Head Island, in Bluffton, Hardeeville, Okatie or anywhere in the Lowcountry, our navigators are here to support you.
We understand that each woman is unique. As such, we offer customized support that takes your circumstances into consideration. We provide an emotionally safe environment where you can be yourself; your well-being is our top priority.
We have two locations across the Lowcountry all with private rooms:
- Women’s Pavilion at Coastal Carolina Hospital
- The Glenn N. Love MD Women’s Center at Hilton Head Hospital
We have 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year in-house laborists, who are obstetricians/gynecologists (OB/GYNs) specializing in caring for women in labor and providing safe baby deliveries. The Women’s Pavilion at Coastal Carolina Hospital
houses a Level II Special Care Nursery, a specialized unit specifically designed to care for preterm infants from 32-weeks’ gestation to term and weighing three pounds, three ounces or more.
What Is an OB/Maternity Nurse Navigator?
The role of a maternity navigator is to help you become knowledgeable about the options you have related to your pregnancy. They are someone who can work closely with your physicians to collaborate and coordinate care throughout your pregnancy journey.
Our pregnancy navigators can be your primary contact and a consistent resource for all your questions and concerns.
How Can an OB/Maternity Nurse Navigator Assist Me During My Pregnancy?
An OB navigator can assist you at any stage of your pregnancy. Our maternity care navigators can:
- Provide you with prenatal and postnatal education and support resources
- Guide you through the healthcare system
- Provide a tour for you and your loved ones to help you understand our services and what to expect before, during and after your baby’s delivery
- Coordinate tests and applicable services
- Facilitate communication with your medical team
- Refer you to certified lactation consultants, where you will receive breastfeeding counseling and support services
- Answer questions about classes, seminars and support groups
- Advocate for you during every phase of your pregnancy
- Ensure that your questions and concerns on clinical issues are resolved
What Kind of Support Can I Expect From an OB/Maternity Nurse Navigator?
You and your baby’s needs are always our top priority. Expect personalized and compassionate support from your OB navigator at Hilton Head Regional Healthcare. We are here to answer questions, nurture your baby and make your birth experience joyous.
We’ll work with you and your baby to foster confidence and develop skills for an easy transition from hospital to home.