At Hilton Head Regional Healthcare, we have been adjusting our visitation policy as the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic evolves.
Effective Thursday, April 1, we will relax our visitation policy to allow surgical and hospitalized patients to have more visitors daily. This policy change will allow Coastal Carolina Hospital or Hilton Head Hospital patients who are admitted to the hospital for non-COVID-19 care and those having an outpatient elective procedure to have increased support from family and friends during their care experience. Both hospital emergency departments, as well as Tidewatch Emergency Department, will continue to observe a single-visitor policy for adult patients, and up to two visitors for pediatric ER patients.
The visitation policy at Coastal Carolina Hospital and Hilton Head Hospital will be:
- Admitted patients, and those having a procedure performed – no guest count restriction
- Laboring mothers – up to 3 guests
- Pediatric ER patients – up to 2 guests
- Adult ER patients – up to 1 guest
Visitors will be screened for fever, respiratory symptoms or travel to high risk locations prior to entering the hospital, and required to wear visitor identification, a face mask, and sanitize their hands. Specific waiting areas allow physical distancing for designated visitors and include additional cleaning protocols.
Any visitor not meeting screening criteria will not be permitted to enter the hospital.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
Our top priority is making sure our patients, visitors, staff and community remain safe. We are working on processes to safely begin hosting and participating in community events and seminars. Please continue to check our website for information on upcoming events and seminars.
Childbirth ClassesDue to in-person class cancellations, we encourage all expectant families to register for FREE access to YoMingo. This web-based tool gives you access to the following in multiple languages:
- Informational material about labor, birth, and breastfeeding
- A direct link to the CDC’s updates on coronavirus and pregnancy
Restrictions for Hospital Entry
- Emergency Department for emergencies
- Cardiac Rehab for Anticoagulation Clinic and Cardiac Rehab services
- Medical Office Building for labor & deliveries, surgeries, cath lab, laboratory and imaging services
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.