Operational PreparednessAs we continue to closely monitor the CDC’s COVID-19 guidance and adjust measures in place, we want to keep our community informed about our preparedness.
We are focused on being prepared, not panicked. We are taking the following actions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- At Coastal Carolina Hospital and Hilton Head Hospital, outside access into the hospital has been reduced to one entrance point- the Emergency Department.
- At both hospitals, we have modified our visitation policy to eliminate visiting hours, with more details below.
- We are postponing elective surgical and diagnostic procedures in which a delay is unlikely to significantly impact the patient’s health outcome.
- At both hospitals, we have proactively erected a tent outside the entrance of the Emergency Department to create an additional, external waiting room.
- We are adequately supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE) and other supplies to appropriately care for our patients, and we are also finding alternative suppliers and solutions to add to our availability.
New Visitor RestrictionsAt Hilton Head Regional Healthcare, we have been adjusting our actions as the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves. Out of an abundance of caution, we are changing our visitation policy until further notice. Thank you for understanding that this is for your health and safety.
Visiting hours at Coastal Carolina Hospital and Hilton Head Hospital are now eliminated. Physical visitor(s) will be allowed, with review and approval by clinical leadership as follows:
- Patient in grave condition
- Patient having a baby
- Patient at end of life
- Private duty care takers
- Patient undergoing surgery
- Patient requiring outpatient test/procedure
We encourage virtual visits via Skype, Facetime, etc. between patients and their families through personal devices.
Our top priority is making sure our patients, visitors, staff and community remain safe. For that reason, we have decided to temporarily forego hosting events, such as educational medical seminars and classes, and health screenings, thereby lessening the potential for exposure to coronavirus. Please continue to check our website for information on when these events will resume.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
Entry and exit is now limited to the emergency room only.