Ena Niemand, OTR, CHT
(843) 342-2989 extension 121
Location #1 24 Bethea Drive Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 (843) 342-2989
Location #2 South Island 2 Greenwood Drive Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 (843) 785-2477
Bluffton 40 Okatie Blvd. South Okatie, SC 29910 (843) 705-8857
Services provided at the Physical Rehabilitation Center include:
- Inpatient Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies -- Hilton Head Regional Medical Center
- Outpatient Physical Therapy - All Locations
- Outpatient Aquatic Therapy - Location #1
- Outpatient Occupational Therapy - All Locations
- Hand therapy - All Locations
- Industrial Rehabilitation - FCE/Work Conditioning - Location #1
- Pre-Driving Evaluation Program & Low Vision Program - Location #1
- Outpatient Speech Therapy - Location #1
- Pediatric Family-Centered Rehabilitation (Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapies & Sensory Integration) - Location #1
- Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, and Golf Performance Center - Location #1
- Wheelchair Seating Evaluations
The Physical Rehabilitation Center is proud to be accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
Patient Registration: Patients can be registered at any of our three locations. To receive treatment, patients must present a written prescription or referral from their physician stating the diagnosis. The patient should bring their insurance card(s), a list of medications, and know their prescribing physician. Time has been allotted into your appointment time, so an early arrival is not necessary. Patients coming for Aquatic Therapy will not need their swimsuit for the first visit.
Some frequently asked questions and answers:
- At what location is Aquatic therapy available?
- The pool is located at our Bethea Drive location.
- How long do I have to go to therapy?
- When the physician refers you to the Physical Rehabilitation Center, he or she usually indicates how many sessions per week and the duration of the sessions. If not, the evaluating therapist will establish frequency and confirm the plan of care with the physician.
- Does my insurance cover therapy?
- When you call to make your first appointment, we will request insurance information from you. Our office will then contact the insurance company to find out if the therapy is covered and the percentage of coverage. Patients are encouraged to call their insurance companies to confirm their coverage.
- What should I wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing with easy access to the area of your body that requires therapy.