Here are some special instructions a patient may need before coming for tests or procedures:
- The surgeon's office will provide instructions for the day of your procedure including the time you are to report to the pre-admission testing area which is located in the hospital’s main lobby.
- A pre-operative packet of information will be given to all surgery patients when they visit the pre-admission testing nurse. Please bring any questions you may have with you.
- Patients who require anesthesia will have a consult with an Anesthesiologist prior to their procedure.
- It is important to plan for your discharge needs prior to your surgery.
- All patients are to remain NPO (nothing by mouth) unless instructed differently pre-operatively by the Anesthesiologist or nurse.
- All patients being given any kind of sedation or anesthesia will need a responsible adult to drive them home after their procedure.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
For more information about the Surgical Services department at Hilton Head Hospital, please call Rowena Deaton, RN, BSN, CNOR, director at 843-689-8280 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For a physician referral please call 1-877-582-2737.